Y R U ON FIRE: A TUTORIAL


Yes, hello!
So here's the tutorial for the shoes I did on Y R U ON FIRE


Before I start off with the tutorial, here are a few notes I'd like to add that might help clear off some questions:

First of all, my shoes are NOT that glossy black, as you can see on these super old OOTDs (1,2,3) they're more on the grey-ish, matte black side. If you're wondering why does it look so GLOSSY now, that is because; I've spray painted it to add on some glossy touch. Now, it's a good thing that these shoes came in PU, meaning it has a smooth surface. Thanks to this, I can do many other things to it :3

Second of all, the flames are NOT PERMANENT. Yes ladies and gents, they are detachable! Woohooooo~ isn't that awesome!? However, I think this tutorial is only suitable for shoes with smooth and tall soles. If you plan on doing this on creepers (where there's lines and deepened parts), I think it won't stick as much, so you MIGHT as well paint on it directly, if you don't mind it being permanent.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
I recommend using acrylic paint instead of the paint I used in this tutorial. Although it turned out great, I would still suggest acrylic because it's so much more fun to work with and it makes the color pop. 
THIS IS ALSO VERY IMPORTANT
My shoe soles are low at the front and tall at the back, so the flames will start TALL from the BACK and SHORT to the FRONT, it's basically like a slide. Which is why I cut the flames out while the sticker sheet is folded, so you will get two respective strips on one sticker sheet; one for the right side of the shoe and the other for the left side of the shoe (I mean this as in ONE shoe, not one pair). If your shoe soles are straight then you don't have to worry about this.

NOTE NOTE NOTE: If you are using water color or poster paint, you will have to use a book to flatten the painted flame strips after it is dry, because water will cause it to.. 'wrinkle' up? Like how your paper get soaked in water, then when it's dry it's not as smooth and flat anymore? Yeh, it'll turn like that. But it'll be fine after you spray painted it.

Personally, I chose this sticker method because I like my shoes plain, and other times I just want to be decorative. I can't find another pair of these tall sneakers anywhere else for a super cheap cost so I'm just gonna stick with this "temporary flame" method. Plus, I'm not willing to buy another pair of shoes that I already have :')

I hope this tutorial is understandable because I honestly suck at instructing.
So without further ado, lets go!!


Hope you will enjoy this tutorial! GLHF


IN THIS TUTORIAL, YOU WILL NEED:
  1. Any shoe you wish to revamp that has a smooth, tall sole
  2. A piece of paper to make the flame pattern (a.k.a flame cut-out in this tutorial)
  3. Sticker sheets
  4. Any pen or pencil
  5. Scissors
  6. Red, orange and yellow acrylic paint (I'm using poster paint cause I ran out of acrylics *crai*)
  7. Clear spray paint










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment